Thursday, March 19, 2009

When Formerly Angry Young Men Start Looking At Their Portfolio Statements

I read somewhere that this series of adverts was just named "worst British commercial of the year." It stars John Lydon, better known to a generation of people as the notorious Johnny Rotten of the seminal 1970's English punk band The Sex Pistols. While some will claim "sell out," ol' Johnny has earned his bones in my view, and he can do whatever he likes-- because he's still the real deal, gleefully jabbing his thumb in the eye of The Man for the last 30+ years (I'm still searching for the backstage video of him getting kicked off Rosie O'Donnell's old talk show by a freaked out producer BEFORE he even went on the air). So if he wants to earn 6-figure (or whatever it is) paychecks for espousing dairy products, I say let him. But to prove he hasn't mellowed, I give you another recent clip (click HERE) of Johnny at his best-- and gentle readers, you have been warned-- this is an unadulterated stream of profanity that would make several generations of sailors blush, definitely NSFW. Hey hey, my my.

No comments: