Monday, August 30, 2010

A Photo From A Warmer, Drier Time


Well, it's official: With 2 days left in the month, it was announced yesterday that August 2010 was the rainiest on record in Germany, with a whopping 20% more rainfall than normal. When my folks were here last August I recall the need to get fans for the house, it was so hot and muggy. Here I'm sitting in jeans and a fleece pullover with the rain dumping down outside as I type this, and August isn't over yet.

Photo taken of an interesting garden, outdoor furniture and bric-a-brac store on (I think) Winklerstraße in early Spring-- before the rain. St. Sebaldus Church in the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you got this pic hon. Normally, the store owner is not so happy to have pics of her place taken. Shame too because it's so lovely and interesting!-b

Anonymous said...

This is the lady who did my wedding flowers!!! ~LB