Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Blogging Badasses: One Up, One Down

I haven't really made much ado about the blogroll feature on the right hand side of this page. It's basically blogs of things I find interesting, are cracking good reads, or simply worth checking out-- trust me. Some of them (like the immensely popular Paris Daily Photo) really need no introduction, but seeing as I'm adding a new one today, may as well give a shout out to the newbies.

La Voie Rapide (The Fast Track) which has been linked on the sidebar for a little while, details the life of my ol' college pal KS, a Hoosier currently living in the South of France with her French (sorry-Alsatian) husband and two lovely daughters and living the dream. K was one of the few people who thumbed through my record cabinet (yes kids, we used to use to have music on this stuff called "vinyl") back at school and didn't laugh or make a face-- remember, I was listening to stuff like Nitzer Ebb, Siouxsie & The Banshees and Echo And The Bunnymen when my roommates were listening to "Best of Skynyrd" (true story). These days between swim classes for the girls, she's plotting on a way to make it to Prague, Czech Republic to catch the upcoming Radiohead concert (also a true story).

Sunday Gravy is a fairly new blog recommended to me by my friend (and regular reader) W in Seattle. This blog's byline is "Life, Love And The Pursuit Of A Good Meal." Great sentiments all, I'd say. Author-creator DB is just getting started, but it's boffo stuff so far-- and because I miss my old stomping grounds, I quite like that it definitely has a distinct Pacific Northwest slant to it. Makes me hungry just reading it too!

As the title suggests, a blog has also been dropped. Nürnberg Daily Photo hasn't been updated since mid-March, and there seemed to be no plans to kick start it again so it has been regrettably removed from the blogroll-- shame, as this is a beautiful and historical city where B and I currently hang our hats. Did you know the first practical small clocks and wristwatches came from Nuremberg? Nope, me neither.

2 comments:

shakesrear said...

oh my, I'm blushing. Fame has come to me at last - I guess I'd better say something good.

No, I'd have to say that I didn't know that about clocks and wristwatches, but I bet my watch-freak husband did. Among his many passions are watches and cameras.

Anonymous said...

Thanks G! Love your photos btw, makes me wish all those great towns were a weekend trip away, like Portland or BC!