Saturday, September 26, 2009

What A Difference A Year Makes

As I type this it's been exactly one year since we left our beloved Portland and moved to Germany. I had been told that settling in to a foreign land is a long process, that these things take time, and finding that right groove would take about a year. I took that with a grain of salt because certain things dealing with the acclimatizing process have come faster for us (and a few things much slower), but I'll go out on a limb and agree with this 12-month thing. I'm finally getting it. This isn't to say that life is getting any easier, but things are doing OK. B's got her 9-5 routine, and it would appear that the apartment will get finished up eventually (most remaining exterior work supposedly gets completed next week), and I'm happy to say I found employment in a field that I'm gaa-gaa over (automotive industry), and there is a plan in place now. Do we miss the USA? But of course. That's always going to be home. But Germany-- and I can't believe I'm saying this-- ain't all that bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta hear more about this job!?

W