Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Blog's All Grown Up!

I knew this guy who insisted that you didn't "make it" in the business world until somebody took (or at least threatened to take) legal action against you-- at that point you were officially a threat. So I guess I'm big-time now. Apparently this little online outpost of mine was upsetting enough to EMI Music Distribution that a post I wrote a couple days ago was pulled down without my knowledge or consent. I received a service violation notice this evening from Blogger.com telling me that I was airing copyrighted material, and that I couldn't show it. What they were referring to was a video of a 28-year old song. EMI, If you are reading this... wow, don't you guys have something better to do, like working to outlaw Auto Tune and finding good unsigned bands? But anyways, the idea always was to introduce the band and a great song to more people, get the curious to maybe buy a CD from these guys (something that I, in fact, did myself last week) or buy the tune digitally, perhaps even pick up a book written by the former frontman (something I still plan to do, bad taste in my mouth notwithstanding). Not stealing fellas-- helping. Get it right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're kidding?! Is it still available on the site you originally borrowed it from? If they had a problem with you embedding the video on your blog, that's their fault for making the video embeddable in the first place. The technology exists to make that possible. Idiots.