Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mise-en-scène

That's been my view for the last few Friday afternoons-- a pint of Guinness and a live Australian Rules Football game on the tube at my local friendly Irish bar (I know, tough life). The Aussie Rules match is live, which means that it airs in Germany starting roughly at 11:30am local time. While ESPN UK (which every self-respecting English and Irish bar in Europe carries) airs other "footy" matches throughout the weekend, there is no way I can see them at the pub-- not with all of the rabid soccer fans who want to see their matches. The Aussie Rules season is also winding down: the Grand Final (their version of the Super Bowl) is September 25th. For any local readers who want to check out this amazing sport, I'm trying to put together a Grand Final viewing party at the pub-- this shout-out also goes to all the early risers too: The Grand Final airs live-- at 6:30am local time.

No comments: