Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Song In My Head Today

Ever get struck in the shower with some random song, and it just plays in your head all day? OK, I guess I'm the only one. But just to pad this blog out share my random and eclectic tastes, I figured I'd toss these in once in a while.

Today's SIMH happens to be from German rockers Surrogat and is called "Gib Mir Alles" (Give me everything). For whatever reason, no full video or audio of this song can be easily located, so here is the short (about 1:50) version. Surrogat were a Berlin power trio that cranked out 5 albums in 9 years before heading their separate ways in 2003. This is rawk music as it should be: in-your-face and thick as paste. These guys fall roughly into the "math rock" classification and make quite the glorious racket. Yes, he sings in German, but really folks-- do you have to know the lyrics? More Surrogat info and music can be found easily enough on the interwebs, including their MySpace page with streaming audio. Enjoy.

No comments: