Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The System Works!


Finally, some sort of resolution from our not-that-great Barcelona hotel (see entry below). Without taking any sort of blame or apologizing for our starcrossed stay, the hotel did offer us the choice of either a partial refund or a free night (plus breakfast!) in an upgraded room next time we're in Barcelona. We chose the money because we have no idea when we'll be back in that part of Spain. While this is the first time we've ever complained about our lodging, I agree with the conventional wisdom that you should make your displeasure known both during the stay and upon check out, and follow-up afterwards if you are still not satisfied-- after all, it's not whining if it's true.

1 comment:

German Gems said...

Good for you. I have had the most success when I talk to a manager about the problem during the stay. I have learned to complain as soon as there is a problem. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems in a very long time.