Sunday, April 10, 2011

Calling Any Computer Geeks...

When it comes to these sorts of things, I sometimes feel like a plugged-in Luddite. In my attempts to get acquainted with some of the more up-and-coming (OK, minor) social media tools out there, I came across Whispurr, a macro-messaging service that actually seems to have features better than the venerable Twitter. Problem is, I can't figure out how to post my "Whisps" (Tweets by a different name) onto this here blog. If there are any computer-type folks out there that can guide me on how to do this, you get my eternal gratitude and a public mention on The Accidental Expat, a fine (if somewhat unpredictably updated) blog read by dozens of folks worldwide. Oh, and if anybody wants to be my Whispurr buddy, I'm "The Accidental Expat" there too-- gotta keep the brand strong, y'know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go and use twitter. We as readers will get more updats and be happier consumers of this here blog. Ya dig, Y'all?

I want updates from Barcelona!!

rw

The Accidental Expat said...

Wha? And give up my "master of the obscure" cred? Actually, Whispurr has some really cool features that Twitter should think about carrying themselves-- not the least of which being the 300 character limit (vs. 140 for Twitter). Perfect for verbose ramblers like me! Of course, I don't actually own a iBerryDroid or anything like that anyways (and don't plan on it anytime soon), so it's all academic.

We are both looking forward and wary of Barcelona all of a sudden-- seems like everybody we know who's been there has paid the "Barcelona Tourist Tax"-- they got robbed in broad daylight without even knowing it by professional pickpockets. Should be interesting!