Saturday, April 16, 2011

Supermarket Find, WTF Edition


Puerile week continues here at TAE, with, um, this stuff. There isn't a whole lot I can add other than Milch is German for "milk," which makes this ever grosser-sounding than it already does (South Park fans may recall the use of the word "milch" for something else entirely-- see the "Oprah episode" for a refresher).

Anyway Dickmilch is a bit of an odd item already, and I'm not sure it has any American counterpart. Basically it's thickened soured milk, and falls somewhere between sour cream and yogurt. I see a Canadian food services company selling this as "Set Milk," and suggests to use it as the starter or base for buttermilk or Gouda cheese.

2 comments:

Bea said...

The Canadians have an equivalent product, but we don't? I'm a little bit jealous. ;)

The Accidental Expat said...

I'm a lot more jealous of their not-easily- gettable higher-alcohol beer than in the availability of dickmilch, but I'm weird like that. But then again, I'm not much of a Gouda cheese fan...